When the world's largest retailer prepared to offer ecommerce food and merchandise pickup and delivery at 800 of their stores, they called NET. Assisting with the proof of concept and rollout, NET technicians and electricians worked with the store planning team to install the pack stations, pick-up desks, drive-through lanes and kiosks.
Installation of the pick-up areas began by working with the architects, so NET could begin the permitting process for low voltage and electrical needs. Then the team coordinated the new fixture delivery, including lighting power boxes for delivery trucks, as well as kiosk hardware and switches to minimize disruption in the store. The tasks specific to this project included:
- Permit discovery
- Obtaining the site list and blue prints for existing and new layout
- Scheduling electricians and data techs to de-install old registers
- Installing new circuits and data cabling needed for workstations, charging stations and kiosks
- Installing and rolling out new kiosks, phones and printers
- Configuring ports for new devices so transactions can be processed